Dear students ,
We think you might have finished your practical examinations by this time successfully.Theory paper also contains questions from practical part for ten marks. No one should lose marks in this part . To score ten marks in part d-2, first get ready to answer two questions. you can be selective . this part has three questions of five marks each. Out of which you have to answer two questions.
therefore you must read
1) both preparations (3M)
2) test for carbohydrates and proteins (2M)
3) all the three titration (5M)
4) Another question will be from kinetics experiments – that you can leave.
scoring marks in practical is easier than theory. Five-page reading in practical procedure gets a definite 10 marks in final examination theory paper (part d-2). so don’t loose marks in this part.
QUESTIONS ON PRACTICAL PART FOR TEN MARKS (very ,. Imp.)
1. How is m-dinitro benzene prepared from nitro benzene?—3M
2. How is p- bromoacetanilide prepared from acetanilide?—3M
3. Explain a) Molisch test(general testfor carbohydrate ) b) Benedicts test (test for a reducing sugar) c)Seliwanoff’s test (test for aldose and ketose) d)Acrolin test e)Biuret test(general test for proteins) f)xanthoprotic acid test g)Millon test(test for proteins which contains benzene ring)—2M
4. Estimate the mass of KMnO4 present in one liter of given solution using standard oxalic acid solution . —-5M
5. Estimate the mass of KMnO4 present in one liter of given solution using standard ferrous ammonium sulphate solution . —-5M
6. Estimate the mass of ferrous ammonium sulphate solution present in one liter of given solution using standard K2Cr2O7 solution . —-5M